July 18, 2009

Tourist in Baltimore Again #24



Ok. This is CRAZY. The critically acclaimed show The Wire was filmed in Baltimore. This statue was apparently a prop used in the City Hall scenes. (I've seldom watched the show, mostly because we didn't have cable when it started but C and I have vowed to rent all the seasons - likely in the winter when all this "tourist" crap gets old).

You can't believe how they created this thing! I'm not sure even in my Rum or Miller Lite-driven sick, demented creativity could I have concocted this!

Asides:

1. I've realized in just about every other post the word Statue is misspelled as statute. That's a g-d attorney for you. It won't pick up on spell check if it's another word spelled correctly.

2. On the way back through I was about to touch the back of this statue's "cape" when C admonishes "What are you doing? The sign in the front says Do not Touch. Don't you remember?" I actually did forget. Meanwhile, what would the harm have been? It's not like anyone else was there to catch me doing it. Thank you C, museum rule enforcement/fun-suck Nazi. Once you see how it was made, I guarantee, you'd want to touch it too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment