July 18, 2009

Advertising. . .

Up until now, I've been hesitant to add advertising to my Blog. I know some people might find it offensive or it might seem like selling out. I'm not sure. I signed up and I'm going to see how much it distracts from everything else. It's nothing permanent. . .few things are.

I just felt like it was time to take another step. Up until now, only my family and a hand full of friends knew about the blog. And yet, I advocate "sending your signal" (that's a Jon Katz phrase) and I believe offering up your authentic self (some of that is Merton) and I'm not really doing that if I only share the Blog with some folks I know will read it now am I?

So I'm going to try the advertising and I'm going to try to get the word out. Please tell your friends that there's a crazy lady in Baltimore who creates multimedia art, and loves to take photos but knows nothing about photography, and can make a mean strawberry bruschetta. She's also relatively amusing and wants to offer a forum where she can share and provide others the opportunity to share as well.

Obviously I won't tolerate abuse or toxic negativity. I will encourage constructive criticism and encouragement.

Let's see what happens.

If I don't try, I'll never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment