July 18, 2009

Can a Mop be Evil?

I suspect not. However this one could be considered wicked.

Our house is entirely hardwood flooring save for the bathroom tile. C vaccums it and then I damp mop with peppermint castile soap (or once in a while Murphys Oil soap).

We use rags for mopping and I just need a mop like a Swiffer to push the damp rags around. Sometimes I use a little too much force and eventually the mop breaks.

This happened a few months back later in the evening and C very kindly went to the store a block away to get another so we could finish cleaning.

I didn't want to sound ungrateful but the mop was the flimsiest cheapest thing EVER. You really have to choke low on the handle for max effects and it really tweaks your back. I didn't want to replace it til it broke. I did once mention my frustration with it but that was it.

Yesterday C had the day off and he did all the cleaning on the two main levels. This was his first experience with the wicked back torturing mop.

When I got home I realized it was in two pieces. (It snapped back together).

And last night as I was slowly drifting off to sleep I hear C whisper, "You're right, that mop is junk."

No comments:

Post a Comment