July 18, 2009

Tourist in Baltimore Again #109




Not done yet with the Museum of Industry pics but thought I'd break it up a little with this. . .

I had not thought much about selling my photography until we went to dinner last evening. This particular bar/restaurant offers artists the opportunity to show and sell their work and doesn't take a gallery fee. (very cool and very good food - Yellow Dog Tavern).

I've been to this place a good bit but this was the first time I had seen pure photography featured. And it was amazing. It's the same kind of photography I take and appreciate. Colorful subjects (in every sense of the word). Mainly focused on inanimate objects - no people. These were photos I was capable of taking and have taken. Yet these were proudly displayed with pretty little tags explaining the subject and prices. Yes, prices. . .prices that started at $125!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow. I adored the pics and I almost purchased several. But I wondered if I couldn't achieve the same results myself? What if I had already and just needed to correctly crop and print the photo?

Believe right?

No comments:

Post a Comment