July 16, 2009

This Evening's Randomness. . .

So I'm trying to "get off" a steady stream of news and a continual information feed. Mainly because I'm subjected to it all day at work and I'm sick of stupid reporters telling us how much the world sucks and is crashing down upon us.

At one point it was so bad, I was even watching CNBC on a Friday night. . .

Announcer: "Up next Asian Squawk Box."
C: "Is Asian Squawk Box something adult and dirty?"
(Oh, if you could have only heard the hopefulness in his voice - haha.)

Anyway. . .I recently flipped the TV from Bloomberg to a show called Snapped. I've seen this before and I do rather like the appalling vileness of it all. Every half hour episode is dedicated to a story about how a woman plotted, schemed, and carried out the murder of someone, typically a love interest. (Yes I realize this show is likely worse than the actual news. What can I say? I'm nothing if not consistent).

What amazes me continually about this show and all others like it: Why in the eff do these people think they are smart enough to kill someone and get away with it?

I realize you might find it disturbing that I'm not more amazed by the fact that someone could actually kill another human being. But I think this is a well established fact - it unfortunately happens all the time.

I'm still just floored by the perpetrator's arrogance. Don't they watch Forensic Files for chrissakes?!! Don't they realize they're NEVER going to get away with it?! Cold, callous, arrogant, idiots. They deserve whatever they get. . .

After all adequate due process and a trial before a jury of their peers of course. I still have a good bit of faith in our criminal justice system even though I believe some parts of it are in need of repair.

Anyway, I suppose I'll look for a little more inspiring background noise while I decide where to focus my attention next. I do have a canvas primed for destruction. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment