June 11, 2009

R's Request for Interior Inspiration 8

FRAMES!!!! I used to work with this guy that would occasionally mumble in a bad situation "You can't polish a turd." One of the funniest things I've ever heard. . .not entirely accurate however.

If you have the right frame(s) you can do it!!!

(Note to self. . .research how to obtain owl scat. . .dissect and frame small mammal bones. JOKING!!! Unless there's a market for that sort of thing. . .If so I'm calling Carolina Biological and getting all the sanitized owl scat I can afford.)

Frames are the greatest. You can switch out the stuff inside of them. The are easy to move, switch out, and store. You can also stain, paint, gold/silver-leaf them will little skill, trouble, time, or supplies. If you have a lovely frame, you don't even need anything in it.

This is a slim shadow box picked up at a craft store. The shells were also purchased there. I used a heavy duty adhesive to affix them to the back of the frame. Then I researched what kind of shells they were - with scientific name (not being completely ridiculous about an accurate id - close enough was good for this). Wrote it on some craft paper and used straight pins to attach the paper. The whole project probably cost $20 or $25 bucks.

It's not perfect. I know now how to go about it better BUT the frame hangs well above eye-level so the imperfections are barely noticeable. . .(That and I keep the lights dim and frequently serve wine!)

Took me a moment but the "yellow" blobs are actually reflections from our recessed lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment