June 11, 2009

R's Request for Interior Inspiration 12

My paternal Great Grandmother's secretary. If you must have a desk in a common area, this is the way to go. If you have guests over, all the mess gets folded up into the drop leaf writing surface. Genius!

Speaking of Secretaries. . .I worked with this lady for a while and she was a hoot. She kept me laughing constantly. I distinctly remember her telling some crotchety old man, "A secretary is a piece of furniture. I'm an assistant." Hysterical and true.

There is no limit to the amount of stationary and randomness I wedge in this thing - so long as it isn't so heavy as to cause the drawer floors to bow. My sister has a nearly identical one from our maternal great grandmother and she uses the drawers to store wine. YIKES!!! I see a wine rack gift in her not-so-distant-future.
I'll talk about all the dust collectors I've wedged in this thing in the next post. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment