June 13, 2009

R's Interior Inspiration 6

Let's commence with our torture shall we? As you can see, I have once again taken a lovely piece of furniture and adorned it with dust collecting inanimate objects.

They may be inanimate but they aren't anonymous: framed pics of family, a piece of art I made almost 20 years ago, a big old "monogram" painted in gold leaf. Books give height to small accent lights. Lights tall enough for the area would have cost way more. . .plus I had the books already and they make me look smart!

This foolishness is all piled on top of my paternal great-aunt Helen's dresser. It's in our living room. It houses photos, a catch-all drawer for ins and outs, etc.

About caring for your older furniture: You have a lot of retail options for polishing, conditioning, and dusting. I vote olive oil! By all means, get the really good stuff for cooking only - don't waste it on furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment