June 11, 2009

R's Request for Interior Inspiration 16

Ok. . .Left to Right. . .Top to Bottom. . .
1. An autographed pic of "The Greaseman" and iconic DC area radio personality for years and one of C's heroes.
2. A pen/ink/watercolor I did in 9th grade art that my Mom had the good sense to frame.
3. Old Baltimore post cards C gave me as a gift (c. the time the house was built)
4. A scrap piece of fabric I embroidered an initial on
5. A large plaster relief frame from my paternal grandmother's collection. I added more gold leaf. The little wreath breaks up the expanse of wall.
6. An envelope that contained my 21st birthday card from my paternal grandfather. He wrote on the outside
7. An historic pic of the Battle Monument c. 1904 (close to the time the house was built)
8. A framed pic of my brother being ridiculous at Christmas
9. The while elephant. I love the concept. Just not in this spot. It's a small shadow box. I had a piece of china that was broken and I put the pieces in it. (I can't part with things I could re purpose - this we all know).
10. A picture of Allister
11. A childhood pic of C and his brother.

What you can't see in this view? To the far left, there is a fav family pic (in a green frame) and a small canvas I painted of a scene from Crisfield, MD (unframed).

It could be highly offensive to some over all. . .Or it could be overwhelming in a different spot; however, it seems to be just fine in this location.

PS - I think everything on that wall is hanging with push/pull pins. The plastic, colored kind. They leave teensy holes and don't require a masonry bit. . .The 4 "perimeter" walls are thin plaster and lathe on brick. Thumb tacks rock!!!

1 comment:

  1. How do you know a thumb tack can hold a frame? I'm terrified to try it.

    ReplyDelete