April 10, 2009

The Wall and Progress

I'm making progress. This basement and it's chaos will be toast in another 16 hours (not straight thru! - I hope!!!!) Poor C won't be able to find a blessed thing but that allows me "spousal security." He won't be able to run me off or kill me off for fear he'll never find his beloved Dodgeball DVD or fav drill bit ever again!!!

Now to the "wall". . .Which every athlete references. And apparently what every domestic diva also hits. . .her-head-against-repeatedly.

At any rate, Jon Katz (bedlamfarm.com) has been taking phenomenal photos and writing lovely things about (real) old stone walls/fences he finds in the woods in upstate NY.

He has a novel take on the walls - He wants to know what was kept in the walls. He's not interested in what was kept out. That triggered a gigantic reaction on my part.

I think of building a wall - physical, mental, or emotional to keep unwanted things out. Perhaps, I should think of it more as keeping important things protected and contained. . .A more "circle the wagons" approach. . .Protecting what's important.

I'm not done with the wall. . .I'm also not done with the basement. . .More on the Wall and Progress later.

No comments:

Post a Comment