April 11, 2009

Mea Culpa

I had to do something rather shitty and I'm disappointed.

I've been playing in the basement all day. Apparently while I was doing that, C was upstairs becoming increasingly full of snot. He got up to walk the dogs and said he wasn't well. I could tell by looking at him he wasn't well. He said he could still come with to spend time with Dad but he didn't want to make anyone else sick. He asked me to think about it.

I got in the tub and did my hair and reflected. I was really looking forward to seeing my Dad and the family but I knew the right thing to do was to have C keep to himself.

I have some problems driving at night and my preference is to avoid it at all costs. So I thought C could take me to Dad's and I could cab it home. A workable solution.

I guess Dad wasn't so keen with the cost of the cab ride as he suggested we bag it. So here I sit, showered, hair done, foundation and primer on. . .feeling terrible for having them go through all that preparation and work and essentially cancelling on them.

I know they understand. But it doesn't make me feel any better. I was looking forward to spending time with them. Happy Easter Dad & Patty. I love you!! Big Hugs! Thank you for being so gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment