April 19, 2009

Our Excellent "Adventure"

Ok. . .This might sound a little dorky but we tried to go geo-caching this afternoon. I KNOW so not me right? Our friend Nel said she wanted to try it. Plus she was itching to get a hand held GPS. C had played somestupidvideogame the night before and most of the morning until his hand was literally swollen. No shit. I got up at 6 AM and he was playing!!!

So it seemed to me, getting outside was a great idea.

Plus, Nel assured me there were places close by that didn't require a lot of skill or hiking. We all know, I lack skill and typically lack appropriate attire (I had with me this trip a pair of 5 inch patent stilettos and a pair of flip flops).

So off to Walmart we headed for a GPS for Nel and a backpack for me (no designer handbags in the woods. . .And I needed somewhere to stash Kleenex, water, camera, Blackberry, and Vick's Inhaler).

Return to T's victorious on all accounts. . .Just needed to plug the coordinates in the GPS. . .

It was not that simple, nor was figuring out what all those damned straps on the backpack were for. I miss the days of the 2 pouch LL Bean (which I still have but never when needed).

We had more than our share of difficulties getting the coordinates in the GPS. It took hours to figure out the upload process. . .And we were running out of time before C and I had to head home. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment