April 24, 2009

Black and White

On the near eve of the Blue and White Weekend at PSU, I'm thinking black and white. . .I've been toying with photos for the past few days of my vaca and I realize how amazing things look in black and white.

Maybe it's laziness on my part as I don't have to worry about red-eye, etc. Maybe it's a rookie mistake. . .Everything seems more artistic in black and white.

I suppose it's because all the distraction of color is removed. (That was deep wasn't it?) Hahaha!

At any rate, last weekend I had an interesting conversation with my second-youngest sister. . .

D, T, & Nel - T driving - which is scary enough. . .On a mission to Walmart. . .

T - "I remember all the stuff you told me when I was younger."

D - Nervous laugh. . .(I kept it PG - so far as I can remember)

T - "I remember that one time you told me about some STD. You got your 'ass beat' for that one."

*For the record, I have no recollection and I certainly don't ever remember my Mother or Father giving me an "ass beating" EVER.

T - "I remember when you tried to tell me Santa wasn't real."

*For the record, I remember this. . .T and I are about 4 years apart. I should have gotten "my ass beat" for this one.

T- "There I was hanging my stocking on the fireplace, asking Santa to bring Dad home and you came in the room and said "Santa isn't real'. . .Mom came flying in the room and grabbed hold of you. . ."

T - "I was like what the hell, does this mean Dad isn't coming home for Christmas?"

All I can say about this is, I asked God, Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy to bring Dad home. . .Ever since I could slap a Gopher for Groves Safety sticker on my kitchen table booster seat. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment