April 19, 2009

Enoch Brown Park #49

Typically, I try to keep people and faces to a minimum on this blog because I don't want it to become akin to a "mySpace" or "facebook" page where it's all party pics and superficial stuff. I wanted it to be about my domestic life. . .Not about my job, not about me-centric pick good photos of me all lipglossed and fab (hahaha). . .
It's definitely me-centric as I'm the narrator but I'd like to keep the focus on the me in terms of activity, projects, thoughts, and my friends and relations. . .
At any rate, occasionally, I have a pic that includes people and faces and I'm not completely opposed to posting it, if it has significance, point, or purpose.
Here C n T dismount the See-Saw in Enoch Brown Park. There were no kids here the time we visited. There's clearly a playground and a pavilion, and charcoal pits for grilling. . .
At first it seemed weird to me that a playground and picnic place would be erected at the site of such horrific events involving children. But after having walked through the quiet woods and seeing the monuments, it doesn't seem that strange. It seems to close the circle. Once children learned and played. . .now they do again. . .
However, If I were a parent, I'd use caution with the monkey bars, they shake like the dickens!
BTW, I don't know what a dickens is but my Grandmother uses that phrase and I know it means "moderate to severe." On a scale of 1 -10. . .10 being most extreme. . .dickens is a 5-7.5. And this lady knows what she's talkin' 'bout!
And I didn't feel well but I do regret not getting on the swings!

No comments:

Post a Comment