May 22, 2010

Today Was a Lazy Day - So Far



Not much accomplished in terms of home improvement projects today. If I have time, I'll clean the upstairs later this evening. Or perhaps move some more stuff from the basement to the main floor.

C and I spend very little time apart from one another. We typically travel together and work similar hours so we are frequently at home at the same time. Certainly I miss him but I'm kinda' relishing the opportunity to be even more selfish than I typically am.

I made a pizza my way. Extra cheese, slightly soggy and zipped up with red pepper flakes. C doesn't like his pizza overly cheesy. (Sometimes I don't know what goes on in that head of his!) The dogs and I waited for it to get a little overcast and set out to Patterson Park for a nice long walk. Our friend Tilghman pictured above is still a bit of a handful on the leash. It does make walks a tad less enjoyable than they could be. His beard may be getting gray but he's still a wild thing occasionally. I took a nap. I cleaned up a couple of cabinets that friend R wanted to use in her pantry. I watched Mean Girls while I was doing it. I read a magazine. (Coastal Living - some fantastic before and after home renovations featured in this issue). I might watch some Sex and the City later this evening. I haven't even thought about putting on the History Channel! haha.

While C is still out of town I hope to go to the grocery and get our meals in order for the week, get some plants for the planters at the front of the house, continue to get the house in order, maybe get the cars washed. I'm glad I took it a little easy later this afternoon. I'm exhausted just thinking about tomorrow! And I really really wish I had taken a vacation day Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment