May 22, 2010

D's New House



My sister just purchased a very large home on a considerable amount of land high atop a ridge-line in Central Pennsylvania. The house needs a considerable amount of cosmetic updating but it has so much potential. Quite jealous of all that "spaciousness"!

Also very jealous of her "wildlife." Bluebird boxes and bluebirds everywhere. A brilliant Oriole kept flitting about. C looked for his nest but we didn't have any luck. Her home is at a perfect "edge" environment - mixed evergreen and deciduous forest to a meadow, to manicured lawn - which a lot of birds really appreciate.

I've tried to manipulate this image in Aperture so the blue bird is enlarged. I can see it using the Loop function but it's not great quality. I guess I just need a bigger lens for this type of work? Plus once I get it enlarged using the Loop then what the eff do I do with it?

I soooooo need to get myself to MICA or something for a photography class! Maybe this fall once the house is under control? Maybe if C likes working with the camera while he's in Arizona this weekend, we can take a class together? It could be an anniversary gift. That goofball will probably say he'd rather take an art class where he can draw naked women!

No comments:

Post a Comment