May 22, 2010

Another Saturday Night



And here I sit drinking coffee and acting all mature. What is going on?!

As I mentioned previously May has been a super busy month. C is currently hiking the south rim of the Grand Canyon with his Father, Brother, Brother-in-law, and a friend. While I'd love to see the Grand Canyon from a vantage point other than an airplane, I had no desire to do the kind of super rugged camping they are planning so I opted to be left to my own devices for 4 or 5 days.

The past few weekends have been crazy so I'm enjoying my alone time. Of course, I'm not really alone with all the critters in the house. I was reminded of this last evening when I sent the dogs to the basement. I sent them to the basement because I was vacuuming and mopping the main floor of the house. Apparently Tilghman decided to make a buffet out of the un-scooped cat litter box. He came upstairs and unceremoniously vomited cat turds all over the clean floor. WRETCHED.

The house is in a state of horrible disarray pending the redo of the basement. I'm trying to assimilate as much stuff as I can into the rest of the house. It's very time consuming and frankly, I'm way over it. Hence, my desire to do anything but create more "storage solutions." Well, anything but clean up cat-turd-dog-barf. . .I hope to never have to do that again!

This is a pic of Bernie Schwartz's Music store at the intersection of Ninth and Mifflin Street in Huntingdon PA. Bernie used to sell me my piano sheet music when I was a little girl. And when I earned 12 "Excellent" piano lessons, I could go to Bernie's and pick out any composer bust I wanted! I could just pick and he would hand it over. He would patiently wait while I looked at all the neat little black boxes lined up on the shelves, Mozart, Bach, Handel. . .The busts were some type of cream colored plastic and about 5 inches tall. I know my Mom kept them all and I'm looking forward to collecting a few on my next visit. I have plans to gold leaf and display a few around the house. Yeah. Another project for the design blog.

Just heard from C and his Father. C reports he's taking copious pictures and having a great time. C's Dad reports C has been mocked all day because they overheard him tell me this morning that he missed "snuggling." LOL!!! It's nice that C's so sweet but surely he could have seen that one coming. I hope they continue to have great weather and a safe hike.

No comments:

Post a Comment