October 05, 2009

Sammy's Could be the Death of Me

But I will certainly die happy! Met more friends there this evening. Turns out they were interested in checking it out and invited us to come with - score! I ate entirely too much. If we're going to continue this sort of stuff I need to stop treating every meal like it could be my last.

The calamari was sublime - not even a hit of greasy or rubbery. . .C and I sampled the capellini alla ella and a dish I can only refer to as "something, something ricey" - but no rice. It's this awesome Gorgonzola tortellini in a cream sauce with peas and mushrooms.

http://www.sammystrattoria.com/

Tomorrow I'll be wearing my "fat" pants and eating rice cakes. It's soooo worth it.

Our company this evening was fantastic and hopefully we'll have another opportunity to catch up again soon.

Speaking of good food and good company, C and I have an exciting weekend adventure planned with the 'rents (C's parents). . .Headed to Chesapeake Beach for about three days (with the dogs too).

C has been doing a little research attempting to stake out sites and attractions that will appeal to the group. One of his colleagues at work must have mentioned that he frequents that part of Maryland.

C: "Have you ever been to St. Mary's City?" (That's basically this primitive living history display about the first colony in MD.)

Colleague: "No. We like to enjoy our vacations."

WTF?! What am I in for?!

I'd like to go put my little easel and art niche to work but I feel too full to assume a fully upright position at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment