October 09, 2009

Long Day

The whole house is quiet, aside from my bumping around. But even I'm more subdued than usual.

It's wonderful. There are no real chores to attend to. My biggest worry is figuring out the timer on the coffee pot.

Currently amusing myself trying to figure out how to sketch a beached catamaran I saw at Cove Point Beach this afternoon while the dogs swam.
I barely have phone service in the house which initially created panic but nothing awful has materialized so I'm embracing it.

We got to see a bald eagle fishing for dinner earlier today. It was very close and positively breathtaking. Also crawled around on the ground taking close up shots of a snapping turtle. Snapped some gulls, ducks, and terns but I really do need a better zoom to get personal with the birds. They aren't as trusting as a snapping turtle.

Had a late dinner at a place called CD Cafe. Its located in Solomon's. Service and food were fantastic. No local seafood on the menu but the food was presented well and was creative yet familiar. I'd definitely go back!

The temperature here is holding steady at an unseasonable 79 degrees and humid too!

Not too many no-see-ums. A huge plus. No need for bug spray (yet). Its so clear here and the stars are brilliant. I suspect this might be about to change. Surely all this humidity will break with a deluge soon.

We've appointed C the "Director.". That is he's supposed to be telling us what we should see and do when. Poor devil has been overruled left and right! Haha.

I work really hard to be positive on a daily basis. Yet I think it takes days like these to remind me how it feels to NOT have to work at it - to just allow it to happen. To be spontaneous. To be "free.". To feel beautiful without 4 inch heels, a blow out, and spanx. To sleep with 140 lbs of salty, sandy Labrador retriever mixes. To relish two more days of this!!!

Of course its not practical to think If I moved here everyday would be this fabulous but maybe that's exactly why vacations are so wonderfull.


Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment