September 12, 2009

R U Kiddin' Me?



My Paternal Grandfather was (I thought) a man of very few words. . . .I clearly stand corrected.. .Text exchange between sister T and me this evening. . .

[Please understand, T has an issue with speaking on the phone so she forces me to text message any meaningful or otherwise riveting "conversation." If T happens to be reading this, I don't apprecitate "Blackberry thumb."]

Anyhooooooo. . . .Here's how this goes. . .

T: LMFAO buddy im good. u dnt have 2 worry about me as pap pap alwas said happiness is a temporary thing!

d: Poppy said that? I can't imagine. Do u think he was miserable his whole life? Happiness is earned and sustained no?


T: No, it goes if u like things they way they r, you had better enjoy them because they won't last long if u didn't like the way things r don't worry they wont last long either.

T: happiness is such a fleetn commodity thats what he wrote and I totally agree

d: I think happines is something you work hard to find. . . IN the beauty of ur surroundings. I think its something u workin hard to sustain for others and yourself. Happiness is a human emotion - weird, unpredictable,fleeting. I think I'd like 2 see more of what he wrote.

T: It's a beautiful letter that i cherish so much and refer 2 often when Im' upset I cherish it.

(d - thinking. . .HE WROTE HER A LETTER!? All I get is an envelope? Still I framed it). . .Surely it counts if I framed it. . Send T this pic. . .

T: LMFAO!

d: Is it me or do I always get the shaft? LOL!!!

Oddly enough T is incommunicado! You know she is so snuggled up with that letter from Pap Pap. :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would feel lucky to get an envelope.....the only grandson really gets the shaft. Usually I would have some cash handed to me at dinner or by mom...."this is from pop" LOL. All that being said he did sit me down one evening and tell me the basic jist of what is in T's letter. His words are either depressing or optimistic, it depends where you are in life.

    ReplyDelete