May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day #3



An Eastern Kingbird at Fort Smallwood Park. This particular bird seemed pretty combative and tangled with several other species in the air over the water. I would think this could be related to mating or nesting although I haven't researched further.

I saw in several flyovers, something that resembled a flycatcher but appeared to have more yellow beneath. Perhaps an Eastern Phoebe?? Although I didn't notice their name saying call "fee-bee, fee-bee." That doesn't mean they weren't calling. There was a lot to take in at that moment.

A lady I imagine to be Susan Riccardi based on the fact that she looked as if she was prepared to spend the day and I know from the MDOsprey posts, Susan Riccardi does official counts at Ft. Smallwood Park nearly every day, was sure to point out where the mocking bird next was. We didn't want to get too close or disturb. Maybe we'll see them in a few weeks when they are older.

No comments:

Post a Comment