May 31, 2010

C's Grand Canyon Trip #7



What's this? I did the hike to Phantom Ranch Overlook. If you go about half a mile past, you can see beautiful views of the Colorado. Learned later, that one of the park rangers was married close to this point. Neither the Bride or Groom's parents attended.

What did she wear? I didn't ask. From the sounds of it, none of the parents attending was how they planned it.

Anything else? It was windy as anything. And there were some pretty steep drop offs along the edge of this trail. The trekking poles were a big help for this sort of hiking.

Once I was done with this hike, I met up with my Dad before we crossed the Colorado again. He pointed out a branch about 10 feet away that has just snapped off and fallen to the ground. Dad was laying on a park bench and he heard something that sounded like gunshots and this huge 150 pound limb fell to the ground close to him. Apparently a bunch of park rangers came running out of their ranger station.


So a limb almost fell on your Father? Yes. Did he tell your Mother? I'm sure she's heard that story about 3 times by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment