December 03, 2009

Sweet Spot



The wee hours have always been my most fave. I love being awake when no one else is. I like the quiet. By my own doing, my life is seldom quiet and I cherish being awake later than everyone else.

I guess my Dad and Husband feel the same way when they get awake at 4 AM. . .

Anyway, I'm still rolling Gladwell's article around in my head (the one I referenced in my previous post. . .I'd reference it by name but the book is 3 floors away LOL). The book is titled What the Dog Saw but it's a compilation of articles he's written so I can't recall the name of the chapter.

I just found a few pics and I hung them. I'm always happier with my photos after a period of separation.

I wonder about the pics I've hung. I wonder about the art I've made. I used to joke "plagiarize, plagiarize, that's why God gave you eyes."

That was self depreciating - a reference to my fear that I've never had a completely original thought ever.

That's not to say I'm guilty of blatant copying. However, I cast a wide net for inspiration and sometimes I'm pretty sweet on what I dredge up.

I guess I'm not "protecting" anything here - photos, art, projects, inspiration - that is the whole purpose of this blog - to share.

Puh -leaseeeeeee. . .If I thought I had something priceless would I post it here? ahhhh haha haha!

One thing I've noticed no matter what, if you have a passion, if you're doing something with heart, it shows. It's not something we can force. Heart.

Big puffy heart. . .and focus. . .and dedication. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment