November 30, 2009

Tis the Season

The catalogues, email solicitations, and sale ads are already relentless. If these's one thing I learned from this lifestyle challenge, it's that I don't love shopping nearly as much as I thought I did.

Thanks to family name drawings, our gift lists are much smaller this year. I do like picking special gifts for loved ones but I no longer get a rush by shopping for myself.

I was tempted by an Ann Taylor email earlier this evening. I looked online and didn't see one item I needed or was dying to have.

I feel like I don't even know myself any more!!! Who am I?! LOL!

Tomorrow we do have some shopping to do: paint and a wreath for the front door. I think we can finangle a pine wreath despite the shopping moratorium. It's afterall, part of the Holiday "experience."

Shopping will be followed by lunch and painting. Already knocked out a few things on the to do list. Feels good to get it out of the way early in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment