December 31, 2009

Reflections 2009

Remember that song? By Diana Ross?

Through the mirror of my mind. . .
time after time. . .
I see reflections of you and me. . .
the way life used to be. . .


Reflections it's aptly titled.

When I was in middle school, there was a show on TV called China Beach. I only superficially understood the premise of the show - a Vietnam Hospital. But I'd watch it while I was doing homework and such because 1. Dana Delaney kicked ass and 2. The opening credits rolled to this song. . .

I still love that song.

I've never been too sentimental about the end of a calendar year. I've never been a slave to the calendar when I want to start something, change something, reflect. But the start of a new year is a nice tidy kick off.

It appears I have about 5 more minutes for reflection. I'm not going to do one of those "Top Ten" lists. I'm going to aspire to (barely) a little more. . .

I honestly can't remember last new year's eve aside from the fact that it was wicked windy. Lost power at work. . .fireworks were postponed. The year was filled with love and hope and friends and family. Work was tough but I enjoy a tremendous amount of camaraderie with my team and we took our lumps and toasted our victories. We welcomed Edison the cat in May. I got to drive one super-special Corvette in May. C and I had a blast this summer being tourists in our own hometown. We continued the misery err adventures in the fall culminating in one soggy stay in Cambridge and a December trip to Annapolis. Loved a lot. Lost a lot. Learned a lot. Looking forward to doing it bigger and better in 2010.

I'd love to have something more profound to say. Maybe I'm spent?

I'm not really one for making New Year's resolutions. I've got my reading list. I've got the on-going lifestyle challenge, I've got the fat since sperm hit egg slightly overweight continual battle. . .

As Buffett says, "Someday I will."

I have decided one thing: 2010 is going to be about passion and heart for me. I feel a renewed fire starting. I'm excited to read until my eyeballs fall out. . .And perhaps write too. . .and perhaps start a family. . .

As Buffett doesn't say, but I think it's implied: "Somedays" are limited. I don't dare wait. Passion should not be put on the back burner.

Buffett would also say, "I'll make my move on the big board game." I'm not sure what that move will be, but I'll do it with passion. . .likely calculated passion. . .but passion nonetheless.

Happy New Year. XOXO d

Sail on Sail on Sailors! (There might be a boat and a piano involved in my passionate plans. . .Oh boy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment