December 31, 2009

NYE Eats

C and I have a fantastic NYE tradition: we go nowhere, see no one, and do nearly nothing.

We've been doing this the majority of our nearly 10 NYEs together and I look forward to a quiet evening. The phone barely rings. I have no obligations but football and food the following day. . .We can be calm and reflect.

Well, as calm as I can endure. Steamed some cherrystone clams with a tomato sauce I learned from Dad. Made some coconut pecan muffins for champagne brunch tomorrow. Made a leek, potato, and feta tart. We'll have a few cocktails and snuggle in. I'll reflect on a year, a decade even.

Tomorrow? Champagne brunch followed by sauerkraut, perogies, faux sausages and faux hot dogs, beer and a sustained slight buzz. . .

Packing up and putting away the holiday cheer and looking forward. . .Setting goals, dreaming, doing. . .

Go PSU!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment