December 28, 2009

Dealing with Loss

Anonymous left me a very considerate post suggesting strategies to aid in the grieving process. It's a thoughtful and useful post and please take a peek if you'd like.

I'm a pretty stoic and extremely strong willed individual. My incommunicado post might have been my broken heart talking; however, strong will and faith has thus far been "running the show."

I have not yet been unable or unwilling to get out of bed. I don't not feel angry, or depressed, or overly emotional. I have had moments of less than clear thinking. I couldn't seem to match up the socks in the laundry on Friday. That could have been egg-nog induced? I have had some trouble with food and sleep but slowly things are getting back to what we at homeeckwreck consider "normal."

I plan to work the rest of the week. I plan to live a life that honors my Father - all my parents. Rolling over and sniveling for too long would be disrespectful. If I'm tempted to do so, I clearly hear his voice in my head, "Take a deep breath. One foot in front of the other. Move forward. . ."

And so I will. Ever mindful that I have one brand new, phenomenal angel keeping a close watch.

This afternoon C is going to the movies with his brother. I hate movie theaters for some unknown reason and have opted to skip out. I'm going to write some thank you notes, get the house in order, make a grocery list. Get us ready for a new year. . . Which, I have little doubt, will be nearly as amazing as the first 33 I've experienced.

Life goes on.

And as I should have mentioned earlier, I do believe death is only permanent for the living. Sometime, in accordance with a plan I am not privy to and likely wouldn't understand if I was, we will meet again.

For right now, I have laundry to do and floors to sweep!

No comments:

Post a Comment