November 10, 2009

d Freaks out over a Typically Relaxing Experience

So C and I are headed to the Eastern Shore for a little visit to C's alma mater. We hope to spend some time with some old friends. We also hope to spend some time unwinding. . .

The scene about 2 weekends ago: d in the basement slugging back some wine. C approaches sweet, glorious Visa card in hand. . . (<em>That was his third mistake)

NB - First? Marrying d
Second? Staying married to d
LOL!!!


We have to go to the Eastern Shore, back to C's old stompin' grounds to catch up with his summer intern and a couple of profs. I'm soooooo in. (Esp considering the wine and credit card. I'm about to become our "cruise director"!)

Someone (not naming names - ME!) might have had a great idea to book a "couples massage"

It's been a point of stress ever since.

C: It's okay so long as I don't have a dude.
d: What's wrong with that?
C: Haven't you seen the Seinfeld? When it moved?
d: Yes. . .Are you worried about "it" moving?
c: Just make sure it's not a guy.

Several days later: EMAIL: "Thank you for booking your couples massage. . .You are booked for one male and one female masseuse."

d: You are so getting a man.
c: Please call them. I don't want you getting the man either.
d: What am I supposed to say? My husband is over-protective and potentially homophobic based on a Seinfeld episode?!
d: Eck!
c: Yes.

LATER:

I've never had a massage so I'm worried about the whole deal.

d: So what's the deal, do I have to remember to wear underwear?
Mom: I would think that's the least of your concerns.
d: Huh?
Mom: You have to stuff your face in that little spot on the table.
d: (mental) OH EFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you care, I'll keep you posted.

And once again, thanks MOM!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment