October 02, 2009

Sammy's Does it Again (and Again)!

Had dinner with a dear friend this evening and C at Sammy's Trattoria (Charles and Biddle Streets). Every blessed time I'm there, the service is great, the food is great. . .It's the big Italian Family you always dreamed of sans the Soprano-like drama.

Here's how cool this place is:

I ask for the house white at the bar. They offer me a sample. While I'm sipping, Sammy walks by and says, "Would you like to try something a little different?"

d: "Sure."

Sammy is smart about his food and drinks, easy on the eyes, and seems to have this amazing kid-at-heart demeanor. I dare anyone to distrust Sammy. It's impossible. Some people are blazing, brilliant, 100% genuine - I suspect he keeps company in that crowd.

Sammy: "We have this pinot/chardonnay blend that is amazing. I fell in love with it. I haven't been able to keep it in stock all summer."

d: (How can you turn down that kind of endorsement?!) "I'd love to try it."

Handsome and knowledgeable bartender (unfortunately I did not learn his name or else I'd share it) has a glass at the ready (plus an adorable smile).

This is EXACTLY the wine I wanted this evening. I didn't want a big old hearty red. I like them in the winter.

It's still a little muggy here this evening and I like a refreshing, crisp, fruity but not too sweet and not to dry white. . .The blend was perfect.

I never asked the name. They never told. . .Despite my obvious endorsements (i.e., copious drinks). . .Maybe it's their secret?

Try it AND the lobster and crab ravioli before it's off the specials menu!!!!

http://www.sammystrattoria.com/

Raining in Baltimore this evening. . .but warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment