September 29, 2009

So Far this Week. . .

Nothing too eventful is going on so far this week. I thought I'd share a few tidbits. . .

First of all, there has been an amazing series on Public Television about America's National Parks. It started Sunday. I'm not sure if it runs through tomorrow but if you ever get a chance to check it out, it's worth the time.

Second (and I'm probably going to dread this because I positively stink at inserting links into blog text for some reason) but there are a couple of bloggers out there that deserve a little recognition whether they attain Mobbie glory or not. Here are a couple of my favs (at least so far):

Let me add one caveat to this. . .I don't have too much edgy or raunchy content on my site mainly because I don't think I can do it with a funny spin. . .Some of these folks are extremely skilled at it. There's nothing terribly adult or offensive. I just thought I'd offer the caution. (Disclaimers come in handy in my line of work).

The Prince of Dundalk - I was laughing out loud yesterday at the Monkey show post.
http://www.princeofdundalk.blogspot.com/

Sandra Shaw - Weather in Satin - I'm not a huge fan of relentless superficial mockery but the delivery here is definitely funny. Who knew an entire blog could be devoted to one weather forecaster's poor fashion sense?

http://weatherinsatin.blogspot.com/

Beer in Baltimore - Yeeessss. . .The title got my immediate attention. It is chock full of all sorts of fantastic stuff including links to a bunch of other blogs that celebrate all things brewed, amber, hoppy, stout, creamy, and delish in the Land of Pleasant living and surrounding areas.

http://beerinbaltimore.blogspot.com/

*Note - I had no idea there were so many "Foodie" bloggers out there. I have barely scratched the surface in terms of my exploration in this category. If anyone wants to point me to a particular starting point, please send a comment.

You Don't Say - My writing skills have deteriorated quite a bit with increased use of texting, email, and (does a comma go there?) decreased practice. This gentleman made me feel a bit smarter after reading just one post. He also inspired me to do better. Best of all? He seems to have a wickedly dry sense of humor and I dig it.

http://johnemcintyre.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment