August 04, 2009

Finding More Joy. . .



This handsome devil ate part of my bathrobe and proceeded to barf it up first thing this morning. It made me a bit late for work seeing as how Molly - stink loving lab she is - rolled all through the puke. . .

It's a long story but when I got to work someone said, "At least you're laughing about it."

And I was.

I still am actually. I'm thankful Tilghman puked rather than have part of my bathrobe become stuck in his intestine. I'm thankful Tilghman bounced back and ate all his breakfast. I'm thankful, true lab Molly had a field day rolling around in gross stuff.

It seems like small stuff. It is. But life is made of small things. Small, precious things that we might never experience again, might take for granted, might find a chore, or bothersome, or dread.

Hug your significant other, kids, pets extra hard this evening. Don't take things for granted. Don't live an empty life. Don't expect to live a perfect life. Enjoy rolling around in the gross stuff if you must - like Molly. . .Who is currently urging me to come to bed.

She is sporting a hideous sport-sock/Velcro contraption C rigged up to cover her lick granuloma on her rear paw. She chews it off every morning but he's undeterred. Each night it builds a bigger and better Molly-anti-licking-sock.

Anyone want to wager on how long this will go on until we put her in an E-collar?

No comments:

Post a Comment