August 04, 2009

Finding Joy. . .It Doesn't Always Find You



I don't speak much of work on this Blog - intentionally. But this evening we had "office bowling." It sounds a little lame perhaps. It was a hoot! I positively SUCK at bowling. I had the best time!

Got my first spare EVER! (whatever that is) and did a Ray Lewis-worthy dance.

Someone asked me if I used to be a cheerleader I was jumping around so much when I'd knock down some pins. . .or even if I didn't. Hollering, encouraging others. . .

I told them "No, I was a field hockey player." BUT the truth is: I am a cheerleader.

Anyone can be and everyone should be. Cheer for yourselves. Cheer for others. Cheer as joyously and as happily as you can possibly cheer. Exuberance and love and laughter is contagious. . .and unfortunately, too uncommon.

You will realize life is not too short, rather it is too empty after you embrace crazy, fun, good attitude, cheerleading.

No one can keep up with this type of crazy exuberance all the time - we must be realists. Sometimes your cheerleading will be muted. Just keep it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment