August 07, 2009

The Fat Ass Dispatch #5

Wednesday is "weigh in" day. I lost 5lbs this week. . .so the scale says. I'm overjoyed. I log my new and improved weight into the WW website and I get this: "You are losing weight too fast."

Are you mf-ing kidding me? I've been religiously logging in every morsel of food I've consumed (I omitted at least 50% of the adult beverages), I exercised like a champ, I banked my "35 "flex points" forchrissakes and this website has the nerve to tell me after all my hard work I've lost weight too rapidly?!!!!!

Truth is, I know it's not realistic to continue at this pace but I wanted to start off very disciplined. And I did. I don't need some website talking smack to me.

More truth, we all should embrace what our bodies need and exercise restraint when we are tempted to feed it more, push it more, etc. Living in a world of low fat but over processed foods is not a recipe for success.

Eat simply, live simply, over-indulge in love and hope and encouragement. Give yourself what you really need.

I've personally never found emotional comfort in food. In fact, I've always been a little uncomfortable around it because my Mom always realized I had PTB (potential to blimp). She was always very careful about what I ate and my activity levels.

She was right.

I just have to be disciplined. I need to be healthy and happy. I can definitely enjoy a good meal. I know exactly how to manage it in terms of calories. . .I just have to do it consistently.

And I can. And I will. It's not as much fun as C who can eat anything and not gain an ounce. But I'm, rather unfortunately, not him. He does however have an elevated cholesterol level. . .which makes me smirk sometimes. . .Skinny, totally supportive bastard! I big heart C!

He always walks with me, even if his hamstring or knee bothers him. . .Even if he's already walked miles with the dogs. . .Even if I pick on him for his dog walking techniques. . .He still encourages me to walk and to do anything I want to do. EVERY. DAY.

That's what makes him an exceptional husband and friend. I hope I return the favor. I certainly try.

No comments:

Post a Comment