February 24, 2009

I Vow to. . .Never Bacardi and Blog. . .

Oh wait too late! hee hee.

Now if only I can figure out how to get all the pretty pictures out of the camera and into the computer, I'll be home free.

Pretty pics from a new camera which will ALWAYS stay safely in its case since the last camera met its demise after 2 short months.

First tip: NEVER NEVER NEVER put fragile camera in a fully loaded handbag that could double as a carry-on. If you are lucky enough to actually EVER find it again, the telescoping lens might very well resemble a Pug snout. . .a dysfunctional, jammed, irreparably damaged Pug snout.

Second tip: Playing innocent and borderline stupid doesn't work. Shortly after the "incident:"

d (to Husband; hereinafter referred to as C), "I want to take a photo of the cat. He is positively radiant in his contempt of everything!"
C practically ignoring me, "Ok."
d "But I can't because the camera won't work. Hurry!"
C (in the early stages of the flu), "What do you mean the camera doesn't work?"
d "I can't get it to turn on."
C (Rising with great groaning and drama) "What did you do?" (The this time is implied).
d "I'm pressing the right buttons! Hurry he's going to move!"
C (Squinting and making condescending clucking noises), "Humph, you're right. It seems to be. . jammed. . .?"
Dreaded eye contact. . .A flicker of recognition on his face. . .
C "Baby, where has this camera been? Did you drop it?"
d (Honest answer) "No. . ."
C "Baby. . ."
d "It might have been in my purse since Joyce's happy hour. . ."
C "For shame Baby!"
d "Can you fix it?"
I can tell from his nonverbal cues he's frustrated and perhaps gassy.
d "Can I get a new one for Valentine's Day?"

Next tip: ALWAYS bounce out of the room before you hear no, maybe, or any variation thereof.

PS I got a great Valentine's Day gift but ended up replacing the camera myself. (Mostly because I wanted to take a picture of graffiti on an overpass that read "I (Heart) Turds" But that's another post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment