February 26, 2009

Canine Good Citizen

I got this crazy idea that our pets could be therapy pets. I figure they are therapy for me so why not whore them out? The dogs have to be able to at least pass the canine good citizen test. Molly is golden. Tilghman does more tricks but is way less polished.

I was thinking about walking them to the rehab center about 6 blocks from the house Saturday and seeing if they would let us in. . .If they do, they're nuts!! But the dogs would love it. Obviously, if I thought the woofs were dangerous or aggressive, I would never parade them into such a situation.

Thinking of everyone that is facing the realities of the economic situation (myself included). I think pets help. They have lovely genuine souls. They worry not about tomorrow; rather they are content to feel joy in every tummy rub and ear massage. They give unconditional love and expect little in return. They can take us to school. Learn the lesson.

It's Ash Wednesday. . .What are we giving up for lent?

Not little gray beard.

Even though she sheds like nobody's business.

No comments:

Post a Comment