July 01, 2010

Northern Neck Wineries 007



Our last stop was The Hague Winery. All the wineries were great but this one was probably my favorite. The tasting room was in a big old barn that was painted in raucous citrus shades. There was a respectable amount of space for lounging inside and out. I felt as if we could order a glass of wine and linger at this place without being in another parties' way. Also, the gentleman that hosted the tasting - whom I'm guessing was owner Stephen Madey, took a great deal of time explaining his entire operation. He was very low key but the passion he has for his work was obvious.

Oh yeah, didn't help he had my most FAVORITE wine possibly EVER!!!! The Hague Winery Chardonel is exactly the wine I attempt to describe to waiters when I want a white wine: citrusey, crisp, not too dry. . .Love, love, love!!!!! I could have lingered for quite a while at this place.

http://thehaguewinery.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment