January 22, 2010

Thoughts on Strength

I've had a bit of a week. Work. Personal. Personalities. The details are sordid but emotions have been a bit raw from a diverse population of friends, family, and acquaintances and. . .

Think I've been pigeon-holed. . .as someone who's

(big suck gasp)

Strong.

I'm honored. I think?

I think this blog makes it sufficiently clear that ya'll should take me for a horrible warning.

I'm not stronger than anyone else. I'm not smarter than anyone else. I'm rather a bumbling 33ish trying to make sense of it all. . .

I do try to "out" everyone else. . .via stubbornness and hard work. . . :)

I try to out read
I try to out think
I try to out work

I will out-optimistic.
I will out-laugh
I will out-express-gratitude

And then there's this. . .

I lead with my heart and my sense of compassion. I will not be too judgmental. I will be respectful. I will be mindful and thankful of how blessed I honestly am. My faith in family and friends and the human condition is unwavering. I will be humble to the best of my abilities.

My strength is tenuously pieced together brick by brick.

For quite a few years, the foundation seemed a bit compromised.

But as I've learned, you can repair cracks in any foundation with a plan and the appropriate materials.

Don't be fooled. d knows strength is the culmination of a myriad of variables.

Work it & Share your stories. . .

1 comment:

  1. When I told you how strong I think you are I meant that as a HUGE compliment. I wish I had half of your strength! You are so thoughtful, compassionate, supportive, good hearted and I have never heard a judgemental thought come out of your mouth. I am so lucky to have you in my life.
    XOXO
    L

    ReplyDelete