January 21, 2010

Somthin' Special

Spending time in DC makes me think about all we take for granted every day. Maybe I'm too optimistic? Maybe I'm not jaded enough?

I do feel a bit like a hick in DC. Everyone seems jaded and surly and distracted.

I don't understand how you could feel that way in a place that holds the history of so many things that make our Country so fascinating and amazing.

And in a lot of ways, DC has the power to make sure this Country continues to be fascinating and amazing. . .

An exceptional place full of obviously cranky, pretentious, distracted individuals. I'd say that's a decent reflection of our World. Don't forget our communities, our country, our world is something special.

If you smile at folks, if you express gratitude, if you listen, you can connect to your community, your world. That is amazing and special too.

Try to be more present and less distracted. Try to be a bit more outgoing. Lead with your heart sometimes. . .

A Country full of preoccupied, self involved individuals is disrespectful to all those that worked so hard to make it something more than that. . .and to all that fight to defend it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment