November 01, 2009

New Common Ground

Dear friend R gifted me with a lovely little journal. Does she know me well or what? I'm always looking for ways to get pen to paper. Often it's a disorganized mess. I did well for a while but it was a large sketch pad and it proved burdensome in terms of portabilitiy.

But thank's to R, I have this lovely, convenient little journal. And also thanks to her, she presented it to me with a nonchalance and casualness that allowed me to feel no pressure to fill this little gem with profound thoughts. Gawd, friends are amazing.

I have decided this little book will see good, bad, mundane, and exciting. . .Much like this blog, If we need caraway seeds, if I need to remind myself to floss, it's in the journal.

One of the beautiful things about this portable little number is I can sneak in little quotes, quips, and thoughts. . .Here's the first:

"Sometimes you just have to close your eyes and jump. You have to disregard the limitations, expectations, and judgments of other people." - John Katz

Whoooo dooooogggggyyy! Is this time my sometime?

For more Katz, check out Bedlamfarm.com - the farm journal

No comments:

Post a Comment