August 24, 2009

Lifestyle Challenge Update



Um. . .Yeah. . .C occasionally purchases things - but I can't complain if they're thoughtful and meant for me to enjoy!

So here's a couple of thoughts:
1. Swearing off the grocery store is virtually impossible. Sometimes, it's the only solution.

2. It's mild torture to look at all the fall fashion magazines and know I've sworn off purchasing anything. The good news is it appears I have enough make up sitting unused in a drawer that I could easily do any make up trend. I'm also thinking creatively about clothing and accessories I have and seldom wear. Tho the new Tods bag (at nearly $1400!!)is still deadly-sin-worth coveting. I just try to remind myself it will be so over in three months. (Which isn't necessarily the truth. It looks pretty classic and likely has good staying power).

3. I'm still on the fence regarding Amazon scheduled bulk deliveries. I dream about how nice it would be not to have to spend time on the weekends shopping for unglamourous household necessities but I'm just not sure how the storage would work.

4. It's actually been pretty easy so far. Part of that could come from my elaborate fantasizing about what I'll do with at that cash I save. Which I still haven't figured out how to quantify. I have no idea how much I used to spend. I just knew I wasn't spending everything I had and that seemed good enough. I'm hoping it will be dramatic and obvious. Much like my weight loss, I doubt that will be the case! haha.

5. I do have reservations about holidays. On the plus side, I've been thinking about them so perhaps I can get some creative stuff in the works now.

No comments:

Post a Comment