August 21, 2009

The Fat Ass Dispatch #8

Ok. Technically Wednesdays are "weigh in" days. But I put them off until I feel thin! I have a science background so I try to keep all outside variables the same. I try to be very strict the day prior, I tinkle, brush, rinse, and step on the scale in my birthday suit.

This morning, the scale indicated that I was back at my original weight plus three. Hmmmmmmm. . .Is it humanly possible to put on that much weight in one week? Don't get me wrong, I've been a complete slacker this week. Still I didn't feel as if I had gained THAT MUCH!!!

I checked out my gear. In my haste to purchase the cheapest scale, I purchased one that has the "tare" or zero that's controlled by a little dial. Yes, It's that low tech.

As best as I can tell, last Thursday, when C moved it to clean the floors, he bumped the dial. . He bumped it way up. . .Good news? I didn't gain 10 pounds after losing 7. Bad news? I didn't really lose any this week either. And I deserve that. . .From hereafter, we'll just refer to this week as the blue cheese ball episode of '09. It's a week that will live in infamy.

It's not the first. . .nor will it be the last. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment