August 17, 2009

The Fat Ass Dispatch #6

With all my shopping cessation euphoria, the fact that I lost two more pounds last week nearly escaped me. I got the following message from Weight Watchers (dot) com when I logged my weight last week: "Congratulations, you've lost weight this week. Keep doing what you're doing."

They might want to re-think that kind of encouraging message. I drank enough "sociables" to float a boat the prior weekend with my sisters. I followed that up with one day of eating predominately dairy items to recover (cheese, ice cream, cheese flavored popcorn). I've read there are "comfort producing" chemicals in dairy products - which I guess makes sense since milk's original purpose was to feed and comfort newborn mammals. . .Apparently it also comforts a hung over homeeckwreck.

I was better behaved this weekend BUT my Aunt came to visit with a deliciously notorious bluecheeseball. I am powerless against it. I have never dared ask her for the recipe. She's a sweet soul and I know she would share. I'm not enlightened enough in the food department to possess that kind of knowledge. We'd be eating blue cheese ball for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

I. Am. So. Expletive. Serious.

That thing is so astounding, exceptional, and excellent it should win a Nobel prize!

I'm pretty sure if C and I had a conflict we couldn't resolve we could hunker down in the kitchen with the blue cheese ball and some crackers and eat in silent satisfied ecstasy until that glorious firm, creamy, delicately veined orb of goodness erased away all of our stubbornness and ill will.

I wonder if I could develop a treaty on my Aunt Pattie's Blue Cheese Ball? Surely it could solve world hunger. Surely it could resolve conflicts.

It's that freaking sublime!

LOL!! But seriously, it rocks!!! And if I have to walk around the currently smelly Inner Harbor East extra to partake of such gluttonous glory, that's a penance I'll happily pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment