May 15, 2009

Central Air and the Crack House

(Mostly) C and I are pretty militant about cleaning the house on Thursday evenings. I would clean every night given the chance. . .

We missed last evening because MorC was being released from the capable hands of DocSide Vet. (Fantastic vets. Love, love, love).

Anyway, that left this evening for our typical tag-team cleaning efforts. How lucky am I to have a husband that helps clean? (That's not sarcastic)

C had been home hours before me and had the laudry humming. I put dishes in the dishwasher and let'er rip. I know. . .It's a carbon foot-print nightmare but sometimes it becomes a get 'er done situation.

Needless to say, the house got pretty steamy fast between the dryer and to a lesser degree the dishwasher.

I have figured out how to lower the thermostat on the little touch screen thingy that controls my comfort. . .It wasn't so much that the house was "hot" - it was more humid. . With the fact that it's humid outside, dryer running, dishwasher running, me and C running up and down cleaning, and pets merely breathing. . .It was nearing humid hell. (which by the way, I've always hoped hell would be a dry heat).

Enter me with my superior thermostat taming skills. . .Immediately the AC kicks on. . .

Shortly thereafter the following dialogue ensues:

d: (damp mopping the main level floors)
C: Wow! Central air makes all the difference. Can you remember when we didn't have it?
d: Yes.
C: Remember when we used to spend all day in a room with one window unit?
d: (Exercising tremendous restraint and furiously mopping the tile entry). "I think of it like child-birth: You never remember how painful it really is."
C: It wasn't that bad without AC
d: Not that bad if you recently left a crack house in Calcutta
C: Crack house? If you want a crack house, I'll jack my shorts down another 3 inches and you'll have a crack house. How would you like that?

I wouldn't. Thanks for the offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment