March 10, 2009

Lesson of the Week: CALL YOUR MOTHER!!!



In case you haven't noticed, I've been busy posting a bunch of semi-useless and mostly nonsensical things to this blog. . .Of course, I've also done other stuff. . .There are cat litter pans to be kept, toe nails to be painted, salmon to nearly burn. . .

At any rate, time has gotten away from me and I hadn't spoken to my Mother since last Wednesday evening. Typically we speak every other day so apparently I had her worried sick. She said she left two messages Sunday evening. She probably did. I'm not the best with the home answering machine. (Hello? That's what cell phones are for right?)

I wasn't intentionally ditching my own Mom. I was just otherwise involved. But it's not cool to cause your Mom to think you're dead in a ditch somewhere. . .despite the fact that you have a perfectly responsible husband who would call her. . .and a blackberry, and email - none of which she even feigns interest in learning how to operate. . .

So for me and Mom. . .it's strictly land line phone based communication. Although she does write a lovely note and I do love getting snail mail from her. . .

I won't do it again Mom, I promise.

And this time. . .at the age of nearly 33, I finally mean it. I am sorry. It wasn't intentional (for once) and it really won't happen again.

Luckily she wasn't actually angry. . .just concerned. Why couldn't she be cool like that when I disappeared for hours on end at the age of 16?!

No comments:

Post a Comment