March 10, 2009

Exploring Faith Series 101 - Happy Shamrocks. . . .Good Luck?

Happy Shamrocks. . .Purim. . .Market had an upswing. . .Are we on to something?

Happiness is something you find in yourself.

Happiness is something you allow yourself and offer to others.

Happiness is offered and exchanged in the smallest of gestures.

Happiness must be genuine.

Happiness must be learned and earned.

Happiness is where you find it.

Happiness is giving it.

Happiness cannot be forced.

Nor can it be confused with feeling anything else.

When I look at my parents and spouse and siblings I genuinely laugh with their joy and I feel happy.

When I see my dogs or cats acting crazy or well behaved I feel happy.

When I do something I feel challenges me, I feel happy.

When I work hard towards a positive outcome, I feel happy.

When I pray, I look to beyond happy. When I pray I want to experience joy and sorrow on a deeper level. I pray for others to feel happy. But for me, happy isn't enough. I want to feel more. To go to the edge. "And the Lord God said come the the edge. . ."

I used to wonder what all that nonsense was about. But I think it's actually starting to make sense. Maybe I'm just getting old!

Maybe it's about more than happy.

Maybe it's about an unwaivering, visceral faith that allows us joy and happiness and offers us pain and perhaps I'm not yet evolved or capable enough to understand it. I'm willing to work hard to find it every day, to understand it. Maybe it's about enduring dark nights and seeing beautiful sunrises. I'm not sure. But I'm going to do the hard work to find it. If there's one thing I know about myself, I'm not afraid of hard work.

He stood on the edge of the cliff and called, 'Come to the edge!'
But they would not come . . . 'Come to the edge!'" His voice deepened with intensity.
"But they would not come. . .
'Come to the edge!'
And they came."
"And they came . . . and he pushed them!"
"He pushed them . . . and they flew!
They flew. . ."

FLY already!!!! Let's all fly. Feel the wind in your sails - whatever that might be. . .Let's fly mach three with our hair on fire!!!

Let's be passionate and confident and not scared. I'm tired of feeling scared and worried. Let's do it differently. Let's make a change. Let's fly.

No comments:

Post a Comment