January 12, 2010

15 1/2 Hours Later. . .

Let's reflect on my previous post shall we?

1. I think it's apparent why I should remain in bed until at least 7:30. Anything earlier and you're going to get a cantankerous, surly version of d.

Action: No blogging so early unless I've been up all night.

2. I gas on about how my destiny is not entirely in my own hands. I'm glad it's not. I have a husband, a couple of really trusted friends/mentors, family. . .all at the ready to make sure I don't make a bone-headed move. If I do, I know they'll support me anyway. . .but I'll certainly hear their unfiltered opinions first. I'm very thankful for all the love I have in my life.

Action: If I'm going to make a boneheaded move, I'm going to do it swiftly and without consulting others.

3. "I always believed that if I did what I was supposed to do, possessed an exceptional attitude, was well educated, was a team player, and worked like a dog I'd somehow be "rewarded." You know what else you need? Faith, vision, patience, balls, and some days a beer.

Action: Vision. . .My disenchantment stems not from what is occurring around me but from what I'm NOT creating from it. No one holds a gun to my head and makes me work for "the man" on a daily basis. If I'm not getting what I need, if it's clouding my judgment, affecting me too much, stifling my creativity, I either look for other ways to get what I want from my current environment or I look for another environment. (if that makes any sense?)

4. "So I've been thinking about what I'd like to do differently and how I'd do that. I haven't figured it all out yet. . ." How long have I been doing this dance? Enough already!

Action: Figure it the F#$%^& out! Make a plan. Work the plan. Write a mission statement, create a niche, do SOMETHING. Put up or shut up. I have never seen the phrase "providing joy and personal fulfillment" in a job description. That you have to do your damn self.

5. "Going forward, somehow, in careful steps or maybe a chaotic crash, my income and happiness aren't going to be dependent on a bunch of suits. . ." This is true.

Action: See 4. I'll keep you posted.

6. Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment