November 23, 2009

Closet Art?

Wanted a little something to hang in our closet. I thought I'd keep it simple so it isn't so distracting it calls attention away from the task at hand: getting dressed..

I might do a series of very simple clothes or accessories - shoes, purses, etc.

I think this would work equally well in a laundry room - which I may have someday. :)

I'm going to add a hint of color to the background next but nothing too saturated or overwhelming. I want the canvas to show.

The simpliest, everyday, utilitarian objects are so beautiful and we forget to appreciate them.

I wonder what other objects I can distill to their elemental simplicity?

I wonder what other simple things get lost in the cloud of complexity we project upon them?

I can't enjoy a quality massage at a super spa because I'm lost in a state of mental fast forward? I think I'm not alone.

All day long we are bombarded with messages and "news." We are told how to feel, what to think, what to love, hate, do. Society gives us license to judge or worse, maliciously mock those that don't conform to our preconcieved notions of who they are or how they should conduct themselves.

This makes life complicated indeed. . . Maybe the sight of this simple shirt can remind me everyday that no matter how complicated life feels, it's really not. Love, family, conviction, thinking for oneself isn't complicated unless you allow it to become so.

It's also a reminder that every day is a fresh new start. It's an invitation to start with a blank canvas so to speak. It represents the basic simplicity of life and wardrobe. It can be complicated with loads of accessories/acticities/drama/busy-ness or it can remain quiet, understated, focused.

A simple, crisp white shirt - essential to your wardrobe and what it can represent is essential to your well being.

No comments:

Post a Comment