July 23, 2009

It Ain't Easy Bein' Green(ish)

Or Contemplating Trying to Earn Some Green!!

So in keeping with my less waste in my art endeavors, I've started to think in "sets" or multiples. Often, I'd find myself prepping one canvas for the following evening (often mixing too much paint); AND especially on weekends, I'd find myself frustrated waiting for prepped canvases to dry.

So now I'm trying to think ahead for multiple projects or for several future projects. I would like to keep doing originals all the time but truth is, some of the items I've made multiple times as gifts have been very well received and I could prob make a few at a clip.

I'm not considering mass production nor am I looking to make only little owls or elephants but I feel confident that I could almost always find a willing recipient of these items.
I'm also thinking more about the sharing, marketing and sale of my work via this Blog, Etsy, and/or local venues and I certainly would like to have a few pieces handy to share and sell. Seems I'm always giving them away - and often forgetting to take pics first for my portfolio!

Not sure if it's exhaustion or complete insanity setting in but the idea of offering items for sale seems way less intimidating to me at this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment