July 21, 2009

Birds with Twigs and Berries

So I have a frame that really inspired the whole piece and I was debating whether to frame with or without the glass.

If I went sans glass, I needed the glue top coat. If I used glass, I could do without top coats.

I wish this was the most difficult of all my daily decisions.

Anyway, obviously I opted for glue just in case someone doesn't love the frame as much as I do.

Plus the top coats give added protection and help ensure the paper stays put longer.

Got an idea to do a really runny white wash over one sometime soon. Maybe a purple gray background with a big old grackle siloutte topped with an eerie whitewash.

I'm really into extremes right now. I do something cheery like this and at the same time, I'm working on or concocting a piece that is a bit dark.

I guess maybe there is some truth to the duplicity of geminis?

I wonder what would happen if I could combine the two? In the same work as a mirror image or in a pair of canvases as mirror images?

Hmmmmmm. . .This is exactly why sometimes I get very little sleep! I should sketch it out before I lose the ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment