April 14, 2009

End of all that is sacred in marriage!

Easter Sunday AM:

C ("sick" sure he's suffering tonsillitis or step - yet no suspicious fever)

d. "It's post nasal drip. You have allergies or a sinus infection."

C "My throat is killing me, it's not post-nasal drip."

d. "You don't feel warm. You have allergies."

C (In the bathroom for an extended period) "Do you still have your tonsils?"

d (Engrossed in a fantastic book and not having flossed) "Yeeeeesssss. . .Whyyyyyyy????"

C "I just want to see them."

d "You are not looking at my tonsils! Have you ever seen my tonsils before? How would you know if they looked normal?"

C "I just want to take a look. C'mon baby."

d "You won't be able to see them anyway."

C "Yes I can." (Coming into the spare room, wielding my syrup laden, breakfast fork for a tongue depressor)

d (Scared to death of the doctor let alone fork wielding husband) "There is no way in hell you are using a fork as a tongue depressor"

C "Come one baby, I'd show you my tonsils"

d "I bet you would."

1 comment:

  1. I can see that we both share a gift for photography.....steph is running in the Chicago Marathon....

    ReplyDelete